Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Books

Books may not be "places" in the same sense as a corporate tower, laundry mat, or a beach, but we spent much of the summer in the intellectual and fictional destinations they provide. As children raised by book-lovin' parents who enrolled us in summer reading programs at the library, we cannot not resist the clarion call of the written word, even as busy adults. Here is some of what we read:


Of course, the vast majority of my time was occupied by these bar exam preparation materials:



2 comments:

Joyface said...

I love the books you read. Are we ever going to discuss the His Dark Materials Books? I am half way through the last book.

Families of the Nations said...

I was pleased to see that you are reading Edith Schaeffer's Hidden Art of Homemaking. I read it back in '73 before I married and was so inspired! I keep it on the shelf of books that are part of me. Now you have encouraged me to reread it!